Snow Camping for Corporate Events and Private Groups: After the snowshoeing day trip and class, learn to be comfortable and confident snow camping. You will be sleeping in one of the oldest and effective forms of movable shelter, tipi’s. These tipi’s are anything but primitive however, with the use of modern technology they are lightweight and extremely durable capable of withstanding high winds and heavy precipitation. Equipped with wood burning stoves, you’ll be high and dry and at home in the outdoors. Our sleeping pads and bags will keep you warm and off the snow at night. In the evening, you will learn cooking and camp techniques for making snow camping overnights fun and comfortable.
- Experienced instructors
- Ultralight snowshoes by Northern Lites
- Trekking poles by Helinox
- Tipi’s with wood burning stoves
- Hot meals and drinks
- Sleeping bags and pads are included (though may not be ideal for every individual. Contact us for advice on appropriate sleeping bags for you)
- High End Kifaru backpacks
- Mess kits
- Hike a 3 mile loop with scenic overlooks. The trek sounds short but with the elevation gain, thin air at altitude, and added work moving with snowshoes on its a healthy workout.
- Snowshoeing equipment training and form coaching
- Avalanche transponder beacon training
- Cold weather survival familiarization and fire creation
- Planning, safety, and emergency response
- Set up a camp in the snow to stay safe, warm, and dry
- Learn to cook easy, tasty Good To Go brand meals in the tipi